Owner of property with subscription to Home Away
I am an owner. They just deactivated my account... hid it from the search, because I hadn't gone into my calendar and updated it. The really bad part is THEY NEVER NOTIFIED ME FOR 3 WEEKS. IT IS NOVEMBER FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!!
Today I get an email that it's hidden.
I have people send me money directly since the website gives me no control as to payment terms, percentage of deposit, etc. They now have mandatory additional fees of 4 - 10% on top of a hefty yearly subscription fee. You cannot get in touch with the person who inquires... no number or email address will show, until they use the online (no choice) payment method which is a horror show. Read other reviews below. As soon as they limited the communication between guest and owner, massive problems have occurred. If people would start talking directly to each other (and not on the internet) they would find which owners are sketchy. That's not HA's fault. Have been with this company since 2011. If there was another choice I would sign up. AirB&B and flipkey do basically the same thing. . I have to talk to my guests, as my home is in another country, on a small island. Phone service, and everything makes for zero communication once they leave the US. I have found a way around this, but it is a pain in the butt.
I can only hope a company comes along with integrity and gives freedom to the owners to do their own deals.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Homeaway.com reviews
- SuperBowl commercial
- Non-response by HomeAway Customer Service
- Scammed through Homeaway/holiday-rentals.co.uk website
- Scammed through Homeaway UK site
- Awful company, Awful rental
- Dishonest Business Practices
- ReservationManager False Advertisement
- Property Owner
- Luxury villa in Lucca/Homeaway
- Email Scam
- Don't Use Home Away
- Waste of Money
- Home away rental not what was listed or paid for.
- HOMEAWAY DO RENTERS USE OUR MONEY TO FINANCE THEMSELVES??
- HOME AWAY IS A DISASTER
- Was scammed
- Avoid at all costs
- Bad Property Manager
- Ripped Off
- Avoid at all cost
- Looking to Rent a house.
- Release of Insurance Funds for Sinkhole Claim
- Renew subscription of Wall Street Journal
- No Customer Service
- installed satelite disks on rental property without the owners permission
- Subscription renewal
- Great Team
- Please cancel my subscription
- Store Closing & Holding items
- Fannie Mae trying to sell property they don't own can't be legal, can it?
- Subscription fulfillment
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you